Friday 17 July 2015

Presentation Friday!

Presentation days are meant to create an atmosphere of professional development that is usually not seen unless you are at a teachers convention or teacher fairs.  I look forward to days like this that allow colleagues to share ideas on similar topics.  It was also interesting to see how others interpreted the same student profile that we were assigned.

As presentations were occurring, I was thinking about how my school and teachers address students with special needs.  The technologies that we have been introduced to over the last two weeks has opened my mind to building a plan for students.  In my school next year, we will be building a collaborative response model of intervention for students who need extra assistance.  This model is similar to collaborative models of team meetings that are present here in Nova Scotia.  The hope is to create a model of sharing knowledge between teacher teams at the high school level for students with high needs.  I am hoping to support this model of collaboration that I have seen my classmates employ.  

Further to this, the group presentations that occurred today are very encouraging in that teacher awareness and team building is present at the school level. As a school principal, a model of collaboration is critical to the success of serving our students to the best of our abilities.  Core concepts that I have pulled from today's class include:

1) Collaborative models of student intervention teams.
2) Resume/portfolio construction for students with special needs.

I am looking forward to the final assignment! The trip to the dollar store should prove to be another intriguing assignment.  Time to put on my inventors hat!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ken :)
    I agree, collaboration is key especially when programming for students who require interventions or have special needs. Watching how others in this course collaborated for the assignments is a true representation of how some truly awesome programming can come from collaboration. As much as I hate giving presentations, I love the ideas that presentations give me to bring back to my classroom such as the sound clips your group used to give Jessica instructions within Book Creator. Collaboration and sharing ideas/resources is key in our professional! Good luck in instilling this model within your school, I know you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete