Tuesday 21 July 2015

Invention Day

Assistive technology in the making!  Today was invention day in class and so many different devices to choose from for students with visual impairments to fine motor skills were thought of today.  I was impressed with the creativity of these inventions and the energy that my classmates showed.  As a classroom teacher and principal I have seen so much ingenuity in this course that it makes me feel that students with special needs will have the supports necessary to be successful.  I also have many ideas to bring back to my learning resource teacher for her students.

Embedded image permalink

#5173access Inventions:

reading magnifiers
key grips
pencil grips
frying pan grips
utensil grips
straw holder grips
rubberized necklace for self regulation
oven grabber
chalkboard and foam letter response plaque

The group did a wonderful job creating and designing new technologies for students with supportive needs!  I hope that this energy continues in their classrooms.

Dragon's Den will be knocking on the doors of these awesome inventions!  

Key Gripper Clipper

Francine's Oven Grabber





Embedded image permalink
Corbin's Spoon


Embedded image permalink
Heather's and Cailyn's response board


Cooking with Kayla




Pencil Grips!

There were other great inventions during this class but these were some of my of my favorites.  Great job everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment