Tuesday 7 July 2015

Meet and Greet Activity - 5 Ways to use Tellagami in a classroom



It is important to understand that classrooms are meant to be places of learning for all and the rapid growth of the technology that we see today makes producing a quality learning environment for any student is now possible.  I look forward to learning more about assistive technology during this course to fuse what I am doing in my school as a school principal and in my classroom.

Today we were given a brief tutorial on the showbie.com content management system.  I am impressed with the content management ability of this site.  It has multiple tools to design and load material. I look forward to using this platform to create content for this course.  As someone who values technology, this is yet another tool that I can add to my technology toolkit.

In our opening introductory activity we were tasked with pairing up and using an assigned app to introduce ourselves to the class.  The app that we chose was called Tellagami.  The functionality that this app offered was straightforward and easy to use.  I feel that technology must have the seamless ability to engage students immediately and this app certainly did that.  I also found that app could have multiple usages within the context of a classroom.  The following list includes some ideas of what could be used in the classroom.

5 Ways to Use Tellagami in the Classroom:

Activity #1: Video Introduction Activity

Activity #2: Physical Education Lesson

Activity #3: Recite a famous poem or speech

Activity #4: Speak in Spanish, French, Mandarin or any language

Activity #5: Take a trip back in time or into the future.

I have included the following blog post from a teacher in Texas named Candice.  She gives a positive analysis of the Tellagami app and includes a brief synopsis of the other functions of this app as it pertains to creating an opportunity via Tellagami to engage students.

http://innovateinstructinspire.blogspot.ca/2014/06/tellagami.html


I look forward to learning more about assistive technologies over the next 12 class days and take what I have learned back to my school and province.

Cheers,

Ken


No comments:

Post a Comment